Postgame: Predators @ Red Wings - 2/17

I'm going to keep the postgame notes short because, Mein Lieber Gott im Himmel, what a finish.

Henrik Zetterberg, completely blind pass to Pavel Datsyuk, who fakes the hell out of (future teammate) Ryan Suter and then snaps a shot past Pekka Rinne. With five seconds left in regulation of a previously-tied game.

This, after the Predators had gained a lot of momentum by grinding the game to a standstill and nullifying an early Detroit lead.

The game winner was all skill but it was a gritty win. Nashville controlled the style of play for much of the game, but the Wings manufactured that last chance and it was a beauty.

That's twenty-two wins in a row at home, extending their own single-season record and tying the record set across two seasons by the Boston Bruins. Hell of a run.

The Red Wings look to stretch their record home winning streak to 22 games tonight against the Nashville Predators.

Detroit will be without Danny Cleary and Jimmy Howard, neither of whom is ready to return from their respective injuries.

Henrik Zetterberg could also be out, as he suffered a knee injury on Tuesday against Dallas. He wasn't expected to play tonight and Tomas Tatar was called up but Zetterberg skated this morning and will be a game-time decision. If he's in, Tatar is out and back to Grand Rapids, otherwise Tatar is in on the fourth line with Justin Abdelkader centering the second line.

Joey MacDonald gets the start in goal.

Game time is 7:30 on FS+. I'll join this one in progress as I've got a 6:30 soccer game.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 2/17/2012 at 5:22 PM

Wings' most dominant shift in awhile. Can't believe it didn't lead to a goal or a penalty.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 2/17/2012 at 9:39 PM

Ladies and gentlemen... Pavel Datsyuk.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 2/17/2012 at 9:59 PM

I haven't gotten to see alot of games this season but I saw the end tonight. Wow. Those guys are pretty incredible.

Posted by pasha13 on 2/18/2012 at 12:22 AM

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I live in Wisconsin, and my two sons ages 8 and 10 are huge RW fans. We finally scored some nice tickets and my wife and I took them to a game. Our time in Detroit was absolutely magical. We all had the time of our lives, and to see the look on my kids' faces was unforgettable. To top it off, a young lady that worked for the RW came over to my kids and dragged them over to the tunnel at the end of the game. My wife and I looked at each other puzzled. Well, Joey Ford and Pavel Datsuyk signed a stick and handed it up to our kids!! We were all in shock, and the kids were beaming!! I couldn't wait to get home to see the game that I DVR'd. Well, to my dismay, for some reason my DVR kicked off right at the buzzer after the 3rd period. I know that my kids were on TV receiving the sticks, but I don't have any record of it. This is killing me. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this game? If anyone could help, I would be extremely grateful.

Jeff G.

Mukwonago, WI

Posted by Wisconsin Wings Fan on 2/23/2012 at 2:57 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but unfortunately I already deleted the game from my DVR and when I captured the video for the GWG, I stopped at the next faceoff.

I have no idea if they'd be able to do anything for you, but I'd try contacting Fox Sports Detroit directly (http://www.foxsports...m/pages/contact) and see if you can get the video straight from the source.

Good luck.