Red Wings - Blackhawks Pregame Notes

Their four-game winning streak snapped yesterday in Dallas (you didn't actually expect me to recap that, did you?), the Red Wings head to Chicago for the first of a home-and-home with the Blackhawks.

Chris Osgood gets the start for Detroit while Cristobal Huet goes for Chicago. I remember Osgood was strong in his last start but it feels like that was about a month and a half ago. Huet... We can hope he continues being himself rather than one of the many awful goalies that the Wings have made look good this season.

This is an FSD+ game, which is better than a Versus game but you still might need help finding it on your cable provider.

Why is it that Wings defenders tip shots from the blue line while other teams' D outright blocks them?

Posted by YzerFan19 on 12/20/2009 at 7:21 PM

If only that was Leino passing to Helm.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 12/20/2009 at 7:38 PM

God, those two goals were awful. The Wings look like they're not even there. I'm tempted not to be.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 12/20/2009 at 8:33 PM

If only that was Leino passing to Helm.

Actually, I'm replying to the next post ("tempted not to be there/here"wink.png...yes, PUKEY! Let's hope for some LIFE in the 3rd!

Posted by OldBroad on 12/20/2009 at 8:38 PM

Do you think Howard would've made a difference? Hmmm, probably not.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 12/20/2009 at 9:09 PM

I've been trying all game to say something, but I just can't find the words tonight. Do you think Howard would've made a difference? Hmmm, probably not.

Howard from the four-game win streak, yes. Howard from yesterday. No.Eh, f*ck it.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 12/20/2009 at 9:27 PM

At least no one was injured? Hahaha, I think. I stopped paying attention many times.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 12/20/2009 at 9:28 PM

At least no one was injured?

Very good point. I feel better about this game all of a sudden.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 12/20/2009 at 11:33 PM

This game p*ssed me off! After the game in Dallas I figured they would get a few against the Hawks. Little did I know that everything was going to sh*t and the game was going to look like the first day of training camp. They better make up for it tomorrow!

Posted by SYfanSD on 12/22/2009 at 6:02 PM